answers to some questions you may have
How much does membership cost?
- Answer: Membership is $750/year.
When did you open?
- Answer: We opened on schedule in April on 4/30/2015
What type of nonprofit organization are you?
- Answer: We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
What the heck is coworking?
- Answer: Wikipedia has a really great definition of coworking that fits with our vision.
Are you a politically affiliated organization at all?
- Answer: No, the organization is not politically affiliated or supported in any way. We are focused exclusively on our mission of providing a coworking space and programming and resources to workers and entrepreneurs.
What do you mean by programming and resources?
- Answer: Programming and resources are focused around helping accelerate the establishment and growth of startups and span elements such as mentorship and advisement, topic focused special events, recurring panels and small groups, investor connections, member networking, and "office hours" from zWORKS partners.
Specifically, how do you see impacting economic development for Zionsville?
- Answer: Our coworking space will enable people to work in Zionsville more frequently and bring new people into the community in a working context. In turn, those people will spend more money in our community. Our business acceleration programming and resources will help speed the establishment and growth of startup businesses that will create new Zionsville companies and jobs. Additionally, having an organization like this can help attract people and companies to relocate to our area and also connect people who already live in Zionsville.
How does zWORKS fit in with and/or impact Downtown Zionsville businesses?
- Answer: We think zWORKS fits in very well because it is unique in Downtown Zionsville and therefore it is complimentary to existing Downtown Zionsville businesses. Our coworking space brings incremental people into downtown on a daily basis and creates the opportunity for new people to experience and explore Zionsville. In doing so, Downtown Zionsville businesses have the opportunity to increase existing customer frequency and gain new customers.
Are there other local organizations tied-into zWORKS?
- Answer: Yes, we have established partnerships with the Town of Zionsville, the Zionsville Chamber of Commerce and the Boone County Economic Development Corporation.
Is zWORKS affiliated with the Indiana Coworking Passport program?
- Answer: Yes, the Indiana Coworking Passport is a great program and we have participated in it since our founding.
I am concerned about parking, how does that work?
- Answer: Parking and an overall easy in/out coworking space experience is definitely top of mind for us.
Do you offer a monthly payment option?
- Answer: We do offer a monthly payment option, but do so only on a case-by-case basis based on member circumstances.
How are membership payments made?
- Answer: Credit card is our payment method for both membership fees and any premium service monthly fees.
Are my membership fees tax deductible?
- Answer: We recommend that you check with your tax advisor regarding whether your membership fees are tax deductible.
Do you offer dedicated private offices?
- Answer: The zWORKS Space has two (2) dedicated private offices that serve as startup incubation spaces and thus are only made available to startups.
How is the reservable conference room scheduled?
- Answer: You schedule online it through our zWORKS Member Portal.
Do you offer other types of membership or different membership levels?
- Answer: No, we offer a single membership which is outlined in detail on our Membership page
As a nonprofit, what is your mission?
- Answer: You can read about our mission on the About page.